Treatment of prostatitis of any form and type involves an integrated approach. And diet therapy is far from the last place. In this article, you will learn which foods have a beneficial effect on the healing process, and which are better to refuse. And also about the basic rules and principles of nutrition for prostatitis.
In the treatment of both acute and chronic prostatitis, doctors recommend additional adherence to diet. Therefore, patients must know how to properly prepare food during therapy, as well as the most popular and delicious recipes that are allowed to cook.
General principles and goals of the child
The main principle of the diet for prostatitis is a proper and healthy diet. Restriction in products is used for medical and prophylactic purposes. During the period of adherence to the diet, the composition of the blood significantly improves, the functioning of the digestive organs, as well as the genitourinary system, normalizes, which in turn leads to a decrease in the burden on the prostate and an increase in drug absorption. The patient's discomfort in the pelvic area disappears, sexual function improves, and the risk of recurrence of prostatitis is minimized.
The main goals of the diet for this disease are:
- normalization of urine volume;
- removal of inflammation;
- pain and swelling relief;
- removal of excess salt from the body;
- stool normalization;
- increased immunity;
- reducing the amount of fats and carbohydrates consumed;
- speeding up recovery.
Experts have identified a list of products that should be completely abandoned during the treatment period:
- yeast dough;
- spicy, salty and smoked meat;
- alcoholic beverages;
- fatty meat and fish;
- all kinds of legumes;
- carbonated beverages;
- strong tea and coffee;
- Sauces for trade;
The list of products that make up the diet menu for prostatitis is quite large, so that each patient can easily choose dishes according to their wishes:
- lean meat (rabbit, lamb, veal);
- lean poultry (chicken, turkey, quail);
- low-fat fish varieties (marine fish should be preferred);
- milk products;
- chicken eggs;
- bread (soft or rye);
- all kinds of pasta;
- vegetables in any form;
- freshly squeezed juices;
- herbal tea.
Goose and duck meat, as well as semolina, should be eaten in limited quantities.
Sour cream can be used only to season various dishes, and butter can be used only as an addition to porridge or pasta, as well as on a thin layer of bread.
Power supply characteristics
In the acute form of the disease
The diet for acute prostatitis includes the use of chopped foods of medium temperature. If the body temperature is elevated and there is no appetite at all, doctors recommend fasting for several days, with plenty of fluids.
In this form of the disease, it is recommended to eat food that is easily absorbed into the body and does not burden the organs of the gastrointestinal tract. The basis of the diet are vegetable dishes that are cooked or steamed, supplemented with various fruits and fermented dairy products. The use of lean meat, poultry and fish is allowed in small quantities.
In the acute form of prostatitis, caffeine, spices, spicy and very salty foods are strictly forbidden. You should reject products that contribute to the formation of gas, as well as canning and meat offal.
In chronic form
The diet for chronic prostatitis is not so strict. You can use mushrooms, spices and dry wine in limited quantities (no more than 1 glass a day). Spicy and salty foods should be excluded from the daily menu.
It is advisable to minimize fatty, smoked and salty foods, limit sauces and legumes. Weak coffee and tea can be consumed in small quantities.
Sample menu for a week
- Breakfast: light herbal tea, porridge, salad with carrots and parsnips.
- Lunch: onion soup, porridge with wheat semolina, beef meatballs, jelly.
- Dinner: steamed fish with vegetables, fruit salad.
- Evening snack: kefir.
- Breakfast: 1-2 hard-boiled eggs, milk soup, broth or compote.
- Lunch: mashed potatoes with fish, vegetable salad, tea.
- Dinner: buckwheat, cheesecake, soup.
- Evening snack: a glass of milk.
- Breakfast: oatmeal, seaweed salad, light herbal decoction.
- Lunch: goulash with vegetables and fish, salad with cucumbers and herbs, some fruit.
- Dinner: baked potatoes, light vegetable soup, herbal tea.
- Bedtime snack: a glass of kefir.
- Breakfast: oatmeal, cheese sandwiches, dried apricot decoction.
- Lunch: pasta with cooked or roasted chicken, salad with vegetables, jelly.
- Dinner: corn porridge, herbal tea, carrot chops.
- Bedtime snack: a glass of freshly squeezed juice.
- Breakfast: pumpkin porridge, decoction of any dried fruit or juice.
- Lunch: buckwheat with steamed chicken, tea.
- Dinner: rice porridge, boiled potatoes with fish, vegetable salad.
- Bedtime snack: homemade yogurt.
- Breakfast: salad with carrots, cooked rice, herbal tea.
- Lunch: meatball soup, steamed fish, vegetable stew, juice.
- Dinner: buckwheat, seafood salad, compote.
- Bedtime snacks: kefir or fermented baked milk.
- Breakfast: homemade fresh cheese with added fruit, hard-boiled egg, herbal tea.
- Lunch: potatoes with roasted lean meat, compote with dried fruit.
- Dinner: pumpkin puree, cooked chicken fillet, some fruit.
- Bedtime snack: a glass of freshly squeezed juice.
Experts recommend including vegetables in the first meal, adding various spices when cooking. It is recommended to use an oven, steam boiler or multi-cooker to make dishes.
Principles of cooking for patients with prostatitis
The diet for prostatitis is not strict, the list of forbidden foods is small, so you can cook a variety of dishes that will satisfy every taste, respecting only the simple principles of cooking.
Meat and fish should be baked, boiled, stewed or steamed. It is advisable to give up fats or use them as little as possible. After cooking the meat, the rest of the soup can be used for various soups. In the case of cooking poultry meat, you must first remove the skin, because it contains a large amount of fat. Fish can occasionally be eaten, but eaten without bark.
It is recommended to eat meat skewers in the minimum amount, while removing the fried crust. Herring should be soaked in water before serving. When preparing the first dishes, especially soup, it is necessary to reduce the amount of potatoes to a minimum, and to avoid combining pasta with meat dishes.
When adding vegetables to soups, experts recommend abandoning frying and using only raw. This approach will significantly reduce the burden on the digestive system.
Other dishes are varied - cutlets, meatballs, souffles and casseroles are allowed. From cereals you can cook cereals, pans and meatballs, and they are also used for chops and meatballs. Vegetable side dish is made from raw vegetables or steamed vegetables. Frying with a minimum amount of oil is allowed. It is advisable to choose pasta from hard varieties and use it in limited quantities.
Experts recommend the use of funchose, because it is well absorbed by the body.
Recipes for patients with prostatitis
Below are recipes for dishes developed by nutritionists specifically for compiling a diet menu for prostatitis.
Baked pink salmon in lemon marinade
- pink salmon - 400 g;
- one small lemon;
- a bunch of greenery;
- olive oil - 3 tbsp. ;
- breadcrumbs - 1 tsp.
Fish remove all bones, can be cut into portions. Then prepare the marinade. To do this, mix butter, crackers, add the required amount of salt, grate the fish and sprinkle with herbs. Arrange lemon slices on top.
Coat the baking tray with oil or line with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Bake for 15 minutes.
The dish can be decorated with lettuce leaves.
Veal with rice
- 150 g veal fillet;
- 1 cup rice
- 1 medium carrot;
- celery root and parsley;
- olive oil - 2 tbsp. ;
- Laurel leaf;
Put a piece of veal in water and boil it, then drain the water and replace it with a new one, wait for it to boil again. Put vegetables and bay leaf in the sherpa, cook the meat until it softens.
Pour oil into a heated pan and add previously washed rice. Fry until the beans are browned. Then pour 350 ml of water, reduce the heat as much as possible, close the lid and simmer until soft.
You can decorate the meat with rice with herbs before serving.
- potatoes - 4 pcs. ;
- paprika - 1 teaspoon;
- ground pepper to taste;
- cumin - 1/4 teaspoon;
- oregano - 1 tbsp. l. ;
- olive oil - 2 tbsp;
- salt to taste.
Peel a squash, grate it and slice it. Place in a bowl and mix with the vegetable oil. Mix all the spices well. Line a baking sheet with baking paper, arrange the potatoes and sprinkle evenly with spices. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C and bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes.
Serve as a standalone dish or with a vegetable salad.
- low-fat cottage cheese - 500 g;
- chicken eggs - 3 pcs. ;
- flour - 2 tbsp. l. ;
- sugar - 2 tbsp. l.
Grind cottage cheese, add egg yolks, sugar and flour, mix well until smooth. Whisk the proteins to a stable foam and slowly add to the rest of the mass. If desired, you can add a variety of fruits, berries or dried fruits. Transfer the future pudding to a special baking dish, previously coated with oil. Cook in a water bath or in a multicooker in the "Baking" mode.
Buckwheat with mushrooms
- buckwheat - 0, 5 cups;
- 1 tomato;
- 4 small mushrooms;
- half an onion;
- olive oil;
- salt to taste.
Buckwheat should be cooked until it softens and season with salt to taste. Heat a frying pan, add oil and fry the chopped onion. Cut the mushrooms into 4 parts and add to the pan, fry until soft, add diced tomatoes, add herbs and spices to taste. Keep on low heat for 5-7 minutes, then add buckwheat and stir. Turn off the gas and leave for 10 minutes.
Baked apples with berries
- 2 medium apples;
- 1 cup black currant berries (you can use any);
- sugar to taste.
Cut the apples in half and core, mix the berries with the sugar. Put a small amount of berries in each half of the apple and arrange it on a baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C, bake for 15 minutes. You can sprinkle chilled dessert with sugar or powder.
- hake fillet - 300 g;
- medium potatoes - 4 pcs. ;
- butter - 50 g;
- cream 15% - 100 ml;
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs. ;
- 1 onion;
- olive oil - 2 tbsp. l. ;
- salt to taste.
Cook the peeled potatoes until they soften, take them out of the water and mash them with butter and cream. Put pieces of fish in the water in which the potatoes were cooked and cook until they soften. Chop the onion and fry in olive oil until golden brown. Whisk the egg whites with a mixer until stiff foam. Cooked fish, potatoes, onions, egg yolks and mix with a mixer until smooth, gradually add egg whites. Place the mixture in a baking dish. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Bake the souffle for 30 minutes.
- carrots - 500 g;
- flour 100 g;
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs. ;
- olive oil - 50 ml;
- salt to taste.
Cook the carrots until soft, peel and chop in a blender. Add flour, eggs, salt, mix until smooth. Make small, even chops and fry until soft. Instead of frying, you can steam or use the oven.
- 2 liters of water;
- starch - 3 tbsp. l. ;
- sugar - 1 cup;
- cherries or berries - 500 g;
- vanilla and cinnamon to taste.
Boil water, add spices and keep on fire for 4-5 minutes. Add cherries and sugar. Dissolve the starch in 1 cup of water and gradually add to the sherpa with the other ingredients. Keep on the fire for a few minutes, stirring constantly. When it thickens, remove from the heat and cool.
Getting out of the diet
After the end of the treatment of prostatitis, the diet should be gradually abolished. The diet should be properly balanced and refrain from a sharp transition to a forbidden food. Experts recommend that you follow the diet in the future and gradually introduce new foods, with careful monitoring of the body's reaction. When compiling a diet, it is necessary to minimize the consumption of a large number of fatty foods or semi-finished products.
To prevent recurrence of the disease, it is necessary to abandon excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages and unhealthy and heavy foods, fast foods and give preference to proper nutrition.
Advantages and disadvantages of diet
With strict adherence to the diet, a positive effect is observed after 3 days. TOadvantagesdiet includes:
- significant pain reduction;
- prevention of disease exacerbation;
- lack of hunger;
- weight normalization.
TOshortcomingsshould be attributed to severe dependence on diet in those people who prefer fried, spicy and smoked, as well as the presence of contraindications to such a diet in some patients.
- A 39-year-old man: "A year ago, doctors diagnosed prostatitis. In addition to drug treatment, diet food was prescribed. It was difficult to get used to the new diet, because I never limited myself to food. However, after the first few days I noticed improvement. conditions, and the pain began to disappear. I try not to eat fast and heavy foods when I stop dieting, I feel great, the work of the digestive organs and the condition of the body as a whole has improved, there has been no recurrence of the disease. "
- A 54-year-old man: "I've never limited myself to food. I've noticed that after eating fatty and spicy foods, prostatitis starts to get worse. I decided to listen to experts and use diet to prevent exacerbations. It was unusual at first, but the menu is quite varied. which allows me to not feel hungry and find foods that suit me. After switching to such a diet, my health has improved significantly, and deteriorations occur less and less. "
- Woman, 42: "Husband was diagnosed with prostatitis, prescribed drug therapy and diet. Husband initially refused to limit himself to food, constantly spoiled himself and ate fried and spicy foods. Then he decided to get rid of the disease, recovered andHe started his diet, which was prescribed by a doctor. His health condition improved in a few days, his digestive problems disappeared, his excess weight decreased. The disease receded and he didn't mind for a long time. "
Diet for prostatitis helps not only to significantly speed up the healing process, but also to heal the body as a whole, because it allows the rejection of harmful foods. The food is quite varied, which allows you to choose the right dish and not feel hungry.